January 24, 2008

Sick

I have to write for Beckett today because he is not feeling well. After throwing up twice yesterday and again early this morning (once on daddy, twice on me) and having a cough for nearly 2 weeks, I took him to the doctor. He has a bacterial infection and is on antibiotics. I'm having him rest up and try to keep something down so he can feel better. I'm hoping the antiobiotics help with his cough - he is not getting restful sleep because of it. I thought breastfed babies were supposed to have a boosted immunity??

Anyway, we are bummed because we were supposed to go to school today to see our friends and have a shower for Beckett. It's going to take awhile for me to get used to plans not always going the way I expect them too! Here is a picture of me and Beckett when he was feeling better (look at my little baby hold his head up!)

Love, Beckett's mommy

PS: At today's appointment, Beckett weighed 13 pounds, 11 ounces. He is obviously having no problem eating and if the throwing up results in a little weight loss, I don't think he'll suffer!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Oh my gosh - when is the cuteness going to stop catching me off guard?? He is so beautiful. Today's picture made me swoon.

Brandi_B said...

Awww poor Beckett! Abby's pediatrician told us to stay clear of crowds for a long time. We didn't get to take her to Damon's work until April because she advised us against it at every appointment. Newborns are so susceptible to illness (RSV was the big worry) that we didn't want to risk it.

That's so awesome that breastfeeding is going well for the two of you! I can't believe how much he's grown already! What a cute picture of Mommy and baby. He's so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Tali~ he is just adorable!!! And getting so big already... I can not believe that I haven't laid my hands on him yet!
Hope to see you both very soon~
Love you all~
Auntie M